donderdag 6 september 2012

Guestdesigner: Norma Lee


This month we have a special guest: Norma Lee

I admire her work for years and when I asked her to be my guestdesigner she immediately said yes, so I was very honored.

Here is the first card she made for Crealies:
To get to know Norma a bit more here are some questions I asked her. After that you find the card when it is open…

Guest designer questions

Name and other information about yourself: 
My name is Norma Lee.  I live in Vancouver, Canada.  I started by blog (shortly after I bought my first computer—I’m a late starter...LOL) and did my first posting about 3 1/2 years ago.  Blogging has kept me busy every since, but I’m loving it!


What inspires you to create?: 
I am inspired by my fellow bloggers--their creativity and talents amaze me.  I am continually learning from them.   I like to think that we inspire each other.

Describe your style:
I like to be very precise with my paper cutting, so I don’t use a paper cutter but use a ruler and a kraft knife.  I ink-distress the paper edges of my designer papers and then frame them with thin borders of darker-shade cardstocks.  And if appropriate, I like to add my favorite embellishments of flowers and pearls.

Favorite color:
Blue

Favorite technique:
Distressing the paper edges using Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pads and blending tool.  It's both my favorite technique and my not-so-favorite technique...LOL, because my arm gets tired doing this!  However the DP's don't look quite finished if I don't do this, so it's like I have to do it!

Favorite way of coloring:
My favorite colouring medium is alcohol-ink based markers.  I use Letraset Promarkers, Letraset Pantone Trias (now discontinued) and Shin-Han Touch markers.  I also love to colour with my coloured pencils (Faber-Castell Polychromos, Derwent Coloursofts and Prismacolor Premiers).  It takes me longer to colour with the pencils than the markers, but I think I have better control.  My favorite images to colour are from Magnolia.

Favorite Crealies product:
The Creative Flowers dies are my favorites as I simply love making paper flowers.

Tips for creating with Crealies products:
My tip has to do with making paper flowers.  I like to precut the flower die cuts ahead of time—lots of them!  As I don’t know what colour flowers I will need, I make the die cuts out of white cardstock.  Then I use Tim Holtz distress ink (from the stamp pads) to give the flowers the desired colours.


When you open the card:


Crealies products:
In Shape no. 7



Creative Flowers stans no. 2 / Creative Flowers die no. 2


Creative Shapes stans no. 16 / Creative Shapes die no. 16
 CreativeShapes no. 16

Smiles, Annelies

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een prachtige kaart heeft Norma gemaakt. Ben ook volger van haar. Ze maakt ook schitterende kaarten. Dit is er ook weer één van.

    Groetjes Astrid.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. What a beautiful work!!!
    Lovely greetings hennie.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...